iPhone 3G Keepings going back to DFU/Recovery mode...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LewisB, Apr 4, 2009.

1. LewisB macrumors member

Having a problem with my iphone 3G.

I was impatient and installed 3.0 firmware on to it. I know I shouldnt have, but I did...

Found out that it has to 'activate' over the Internet for it to work. I am not a developer so do not have a developer account so I tried to install the previous firmware.

Had lots of problems but finally managed to get the previous firmware back
    on to the iPhone.

But, everytime I re-connect the iPhone into iTunes, the iPhone displays this:

[​IMG]

I then have to do the whole iRecovery thing and then it works, that is, untill I plug it back into itunes.

However, if I use quickPwn it works no problem. If I connect it to iTunes it works no problem...

I just want the normal firmware back on and not have to deal with it keep displaying the above screen each time.

Any ideas?

2. Curtis 92 macrumors member

At the point when it keeps on going into recovery mode, use iRecovery to get it back and then go to Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings. Let you phone do its stuff and then you can restart your iPhone without using iRecovery everytime.

3. nvdhassani macrumors newbie

Thank You

:):):):)

So I have been looking for this solution for so long. I already had iRecovery and fixed my phone with that! But it came going into recovery mode...LOL all i had to do is Erase all content...wow

I actually update to 3.1 and came back to 3.0.. so thats my story!

Thanks curtis92!