iPhone 3g keeps freezing.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johngoesrawr, Jul 6, 2011.

1. johngoesrawr, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

johngoesrawr macrumors newbie

Okay, so I've had this problem for months now. I've gotten sick of hard resetting this every time I want to text someone or check my email.

This started happening after I replaced my screen. After I replaced my screen, sometimes when I would lock my phone, the screen would turn white, and I would just need to press the power button again to get it to the lock screen. At first it didn't really bother me at first. Then after a little while it started freezing a lot. Sometimes it would be one freeze right after the other, at times it would be several hours apart. It would freeze at random times. Sometimes I would try to lock my phone, and it would freeze on the lock screen. Sometimes I would be texting, or on the phone, or checking my facebook app, and it would stop working. Another weird problem is I would turn down the brightness, and a few minutes later, I turn it back on and it would be brighter then what I had set it at. I go look at the settings and it would be where I had set it, but it would be brighter then what I had set.

What bothers me the most is how long it takes to hard reset now. Before it would take less then a minute. Now after a freeze, it can take up to 4-5 minutes. What can I do to fix it? I'm on 4.2.1 firmware, unlocked with T-Mobile. I've tried restoring a few times, but still nothing is working.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone could help me solve this problem. This is my only phone, and I just renewed my contract, so no free phone offers for another 2 years. ):

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try getting a new screen or simply re-installing the old one? Maybe you messed something up or damaged the part somehow. Seems kinda odd to me that a hardware issue that was probably triggered by human error would have an effect on the software.

3. johngoesrawr thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried re-installing the screen, and for now it seems to be working. I think something else is up with it though. I don't know how hardware could effect the software of the iPhone. I'll keep you guys posted if anything acts up again.

Thanksssss