iPhone 3G Lack of Features- More Exciting!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snowman3459, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

To any of you who have a regular old iPhone 3G, I'm sure your disappointed by the lack of features.

However, I can't help but be even MORE excited about receiving my new iPhone 4. It will feel like these features just came with the phone and we get to experience it on the new and best iPhone hardware.

Anyone else pretty excited because of this? The other 3/4th's of you I'm sure could care less lol.

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im not even updating to iOS4 on my 3G :D.

3. K2Valor macrumors member

Even the compass will be a new feature to us.

4. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

I think I'm mostly excited for a new camera and snappy A4 goodness. I don't currently have a digital camera and the 5 MP camera will be very welcomed by me. iOS 4 on my 3G is unbearably slow, especially since I'm used to my iPad's speed.

5. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad is pretty fast so I can see why your pissed. But I don't see that big of a difference between the OS. The only things that I have noticed so far is that the text messaging takes longer to open and so does the App store. Everything else seems about the same.

Or maybe it just feels that way because I had my 3G jailbroken and it bogged it down pretty well.

6. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Settings literally takes 10 seconds from when I tap it until I see options.

7. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just counted, mine takes exactly 4.

8. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Doing a hard reset fixes it for a little bit, but eventually slows down.

9. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Thats really weird...

My 3G is like lightening fast compared to before. It seriously feels like a new phone again. But im sure part of that could be because when i backed up somehow all my apps and music got deleted from my phone :rolleyes:

10. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I restarted my phone once since I updated and that was early this morning. Everything is still fast as ever.

Nothing on mine was deleted, I just still have some jailbreak "add ons" still attached.

11. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

iBooks crawls on my 3G. Basically it is unusable. Very disappointed.

12. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think that's about the only thing on my phone that is very slow. I never dealt with iBooks before so I decided to flip through Winnie the Pooh...very sluggish.

13. virx macrumors member

multitasking enabled through JB works surprisingly well on my 3G - I do not see any slow down at all and it is nice to have quick access to ipod controls, orientation lock button and state saving apps updated for iOS 4 (such as bejeweled 2). I do not recommend home screen backgrounds though - it does result in noticeable UI lag.

14. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3.1.2 OS never showed an issue with home screen backgrounds via Winterboard. Odd that iOS4 makes it sluggish

15. zsilverman macrumors member

file sharing also missing!

Hi all, I'v read a lot about the missing features of ios 4 on the 3g. But I havent read anywhere that file sharing in itunes would be one of them. Apparently it is. Can someone confirm that this feature does not work on the 3g, cause im sick and tired of transferring pdfs via wifi. Additionally, if I am correct in that the file sharing does not work on the 3g, isn't apple's description that ibooks handles pdfs is incorrect since there is no way i can transfer the pdfs to my ibooks apps. lol

Thnx