Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

formonkeys7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Hi. I'm new here, so bare with me, as I have no idea if this is in the right place or whatnot. Thanks in advance:)

I have an iPhone 3G and in June, I cracked the screen (the clear digitizer one, not the LCD). I bought a replacement and installed it myself, and got it to power up for a second (the apple logo). Then, while putting everything back together, I, of course, cracked the LCD. I waited a few months and my new LCD came in the mail yesterday. After installing it, I got my phone to power up and the screen is all white. The phone vibrates if I mute it, and I can hear it take a screenshot (And the screen flickers as if it is.) There are a bunch of vertical blue lines running across the white, and if I press in the top right corner (where the connectors are), it sometimes turns colors (i.e. Dark blue with pale blue lines, one time it was white with the same pink lines, etc). I just ordered another LCD to see if that ones works or whatnot, but I'm curious as to if anyone has had similar experiences? Do you know if it was just the screen or what it the hardware? Thhhhhanks! :)

cenicienta58

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
did you got your phone to work ?

hi did you got your phone working again , i have the same problem , my lcd and digitizer had to be replace , after that i could see and play with the phone for a little bit then the next day when i went to turn the phone on the screen was white with some lines , i already try opening the phone and making sure that everything is well connected and now i only have a white screen with 2 black lines ... i was thinking on getting another lcd but i just want to make sure it is not the motherboard .... thank you for your help

ihitang

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2012
hi did you got your phone working again , i have the same problem , my lcd and digitizer had to be replace , after that i could see and play with the phone for a little bit then the next day when i went to turn the phone on the screen was white with some lines , i already try opening the phone and making sure that everything is well connected and now i only have a white screen with 2 black lines ... i was thinking on getting another lcd but i just want to make sure it is not the motherboard .... thank you for your help

hi! same problem. :(
so, problem in motherboard or not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.