Iphone 3G Liquid Contact and White Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by becidea, Feb 27, 2013.

1. becidea macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,

My iPhone 3G had contact with water. As soon as contact of water, I took all parts out and dried under hot air and put in plastic glove for 4-5 days.

After I opened and syn with iTunes. It seems work but there is white screen. I checked that this is not white screed of dead.

On the white screen,I imagined that it is working; I slight the buton and opened. I am still imagining :)) I push the phone buton and tried to push numbers. Thus, I heard the number noises as I push the screen which is white.

I attached a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFzNDG3XdI&feature=youtu.be

My question is what can be the problem and solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

Best.

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

The problem: It was in contact with Water.

The solution: Buy another iPhone. Seriously. It's a iPhone 3G, so if you start buying parts for it, it's a waste of money from the beginning.

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's normally rust on the LCD connector on the board. Whether it's removable or not is anyone's guess - sometimes you can rub it off, sometimes you've done more permanent damage.

It's not worth spending money on a 3G though.

4. becidea thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, thank you for advice, but I do not have money to buy new one. I am in Turkey. I f the problem is just screen, i can buy it for 20 dollar. But if there are some other problems appear during next few weeks cause of the water ...no solution.

I checked tht Apple has Out-of-warranty solution, that is, replace with new iphone 3G

What can I do to take this opportuniy. I am living oversea now ?

Best.