iPhone 3G - MacWord San Fan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Croatian, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Croatian macrumors 6502

no reason apple wont be using a 3G Chip now

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071015/lam092.html?.v=101

The BCM21551 baseband chip was developed on a single, low-power 65-nanometer CMOS die and features Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, FM radio, an FM transmitter, support for up to five-megapixel cameras, 30fps TV out and "advanced multimedia processing." Notably, you won't find integrated WiFi or GPS, but it does play nice with HSUPA, HSDPA, WCDMA and EDGE cellular protocols. Best of all, this system-on-a-chip is available now to "early access customers," and the low, low $23

2. iliketomac macrumors member

iliketomac

I really hope SJ and Apple, Inc. takes advantage of this.... and keeps all the features intact and activated for the next gen iPhone! :rolleyes:

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Just because this chip is available doesn't necessarily mean apple is going to release the 3g phone soon ... I'm sure they have some kinda of Timeline thats set, based on sales projections and all that stuff... What's going to make Apple the most money ....
    Sure he said that he's waiting on the 3g chip to be more efficient.. but who knows what else is going on in his head...

But we can still hope!

4. Croatian thread starter macrumors 6502

i agree with you .. ONE CAN ONLY HOPE

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Possible. Macworld 2009 is what you meant right?

Seriously Apple don't look to be wanting move quickly t update any of their hardware (macbooks are still non-sr for a start). On any of the ranges. What makes you think the iPhone is any different?

6. marcol macrumors regular

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

This is exactly the reason why Jobs waited on 3G.