Iphone 3G Mainboard Green

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dynamitego, Feb 27, 2010.

1. dynamitego macrumors newbie

I saw a lot of videos about how to open an Iphone etc and the mainboard was always blue.
    I bought one at ebay and when I opened it I saw that its green.
    Does someone know why it could be green?

2. dynamitego thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

And you a sure it is the logic board with the metal cover on tip of t and not te dock connector assembly? Maybe you reviews a fake?

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I have never seen a blue one. maybe in another country they are blue. I have worked on 100's and they have all been green.

5. OfficeLinebacke macrumors member

Interesting, and you're in Indiana? All the ones I've worked on (3G and 3GS actually, it's been a while since I looked inside a 2G) have been blue. I'm in Maryland.

6. OfficeLinebacke macrumors member

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Logic Board Color

interesting.....

but what it boils down to is the one he got off eBay is legit! I guess they have different colors depending on who makes them....

8. dynamitego thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea if it is legit. That is why I am asking if they are blue or green - the legit ones-.

It is exactly the part in that link above.

Cause I always saw blue ones. I am from Germany I have no idea if they guy who sold it to me used a legit part or not.
    I am afraid that he did not use a legit part and sold me some crap.

Is it supposed to be green or blue?

Edit:
    If it is not legit I got another reason to give it back. Cause the connector of cable #3 is also broken and he does not want to take it back. :|

9. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

logic board

it is definately legit at least in the USA. I have worked on hundreds of iPhone's and they have all been green. if you look at a parts list you will see that there are usually more than one supplier for each part. therefore you may have a different color at times. if the phone works it has to be legit. the #3 cable is an easy fix.

10. OfficeLinebacke macrumors member

Cable #3 is the earphone connector right? OP do you mean the little latch piece is broken off? What's the fix, chargit?

11. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if it is the latch piece that is broke then thats a little tougher. there are threads on here about replacing it. the part is about $10 but you need someone who can do micro soldering to attach it to the logic board. usually about $100 for the soldering. not cheap but can be done. I thought he meant the actual #3 ribbon was messed up. that controls the ear speaker, and the proximity sensor. alot of times people think their speaker is bad when it is really just the proximity sensor.