iPhone 3G major battery draining issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zubatron, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Zubatron macrumors newbie

So I had my iPhone jailbroken for a while and decided to restore it yesterday because I was having issues with receiving email and losing internet connectivity. So after I restored it my battery all of a sudden was draining to empty in a matter of 2-3 hours. Before having these issues my battery would last about 1-2 days. Any helpful tips or hints?

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Not sure... But the battery on my 3gs was weird, in the beginning it lasted pretty long, then started dropping like a rock, talking dead batt after about a fee hours of even standing by, jailbroke and didn't change. Played with settings etc, nothing. Then out of the blue it started lasting much longer, like last night I fell asleep streaming music on 3g and this morning still have 70% life left, if I did that before it would have died in the middle of the night.

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I have seen this before in my capacity as an iPhone repair man. I had a phone which got very hot and drained the battery in a matter of 3-4 hours. I found that the transmitter was stuck on and always transmitting hence the battery drain. A simple software re-flash cured it - only found the fault since the phone was in my workroom and was interfering with my wireless headphones. This might or might not cure yours.