Iphone 3G major design change? (Listing on Vaja Cases site)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Emrtr4, May 13, 2008.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

I think it is safe to assume there will be some fairly major design changes with the 3G iphone, if you go to Vaja's website and click on Apple and then phones they have an email list already up for the 3G iphone. Of course, if the physical specifications of the 3G iphone were not changing then they would not be releasing new cases, but rather just keeping the old one. As an accessory vender, Apple would have already given Vaja the design specifications of the new phone so that they can create an accessory for it, thus it is pretty safe to assume that the new Iphone may be longer, shorter, lighter, or totally different than the current version-whatever the case (pun intended) the 3G iphone will not be identical to the current 8/ 16 gig models.

2. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Hoping for a thinner (With good battery) iPhone with all black brushed metal back and other fixtures.

3. FunkyJunk macrumors regular

FunkyJunk

I think this is MacRumors, not MacWildPointlessSpeculations. You might have the wrong forum.:rolleyes:

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I dunno, does Apple usually tell accessory vendors about their top-secret products in advance? Did the iPhone have third-party accessories available for it on day 1? Seems like a long-shot to me...

5. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Here's a screenshot

Attached Files:

6. robhedin macrumors regular

Some cases were available on iDay as I recall... mainly Incase stuff ... I think. Admittedly the initial case we got was much different than those we found later on.

rob.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think I read somewhere that they have given out some key dimensions, and the locations of where holes would need to be for mics/speakers/connectors and stuff. Allowing for 3rd parties to make bits and pieces without actually seeing the handset design.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Don't forget that the original iphone was on display for 6 months between the time it was announced and the time it was available for sale. That made a much easier situation for designing accessories ahead of time.

For iphone 2, I doubt that anybody outside of Apple and ATT have seen it, so don't expect any 3rd party vendors to have any info. It is hard enough to maintain secrecy within Apple... and then ATT. Why would Apple risk giving details to even more people in 3rd party companies?