iPhone 3G MMS Broken

Chase817

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I was on 3.0 for a while, having perfect MMS, no problems. (I'm on legit AT&T) Then I decided to update to 3.1.2, so I restored and re-jailbroke with blackra1n. Everything went as planned, but I soon realized that whenever someone sent me an image, it wouldn't show up. It would just say "Attatchment: 1 Image" from the main SMS menu. In the chat, all you see is the little blue > arrow on the right that is there whenever there is media in a message(links, pics, phone numbers) I have the camera icon too, but when I try to send a picture, It will stay just a little away from the end on the sent progress bar, until it gives me a 'message can't be sent' error. Please tell me how to fix this, I have searched every where. Also, I have the MMS and APN settings menu in General>Network>Cellular Network, which I installed in Cydia.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
"Also, I have the MMS and APN settings menu in General>Network>Cellular Network, which I installed in Cydia."

Why do you have that installed when you are on Legit AT&T? You don't need it.

Chase817

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
i installed it because one place I found, said it would fix by resetting the network settings. I'm really trying every option at this point

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Try installing the latest AT&T carrier file thru itunes.
Remove all hacks and other things you installed for MMS.
If it still doesnt work call at&t and make sure everything is setup correct on their end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.