iphone 3g monthly expenses ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerove, Jun 13, 2008.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey all.. sorry if this question appears ridiculous but i'll be movin to us this jul and am planning to get a iphone.. now the way the telecom companies work in my country is completely different. we dont have a contract system here and i use a prepaid connection on my htc touch. so i wanted to know whats with the data plans and voice plans for the 3g iphone ? :confused: i'm throughly confused.. can someone throw some light on this ?:rolleyes:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

1) Where are you?
    2) Who is carrying the iPhone in <answer to question 1>?
    3) Why not ask <answer to question 2>?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, at present I have (3) iPhones & (1) BB with my Family Plan. We pay about $249 USD per month, averaging $62.25 per phone. We have 1400 minutes, unlimited text messages, rollover minutes 6,000+, and so on...I'm adding two 3G iPhones to my account, so that will add $20 more data plan wise, and hopefully, that's the only changes to my account. We'll see in August when the first 3G iPhone bill shows up. :cool:

4. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

1. currently in india
    2.movin to SC ..( clemson university .. grad student)..

what i've heard from a few of my friends there at clemson is theres no 3g network there as of now.. so how will this affect which plan i chose? does this mean at&t would gimme a 3g iphone with a 2g dataplan ?

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

No, as far as we know it appears there will be one set of data plans for the 3G, wether you use or 3G is even available to you at all. It will be a constant price.

6. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Even if you aren't in a 3g area, (now this is all speculation remember, nobody knows yet) you will stay pay the 3g data plan which is $30. If you were to get the lowest voice plan ($39.99) + data plan ($30) that is already $70. We don't know if texts are included or not (200=$5) so you'll be paying around $80 including taxes. Hope this helped. Good luck!

7. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Take a look at this Link. ATT has coverage maps in pdf format that show the upcoming 3G. Clemson shows 3G as well as Greenville.

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/maps/Greenville_SC.pdf

- James

8. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If he's not in the 3G area (which according to the AT&T site, he isn't) and doesn't need/want GPS, I'd find a bargain on an EDGE iPhone to save $10/month. There will probably be a lot of used ones on eBay soon. I think GPS is the main difference between the two, aside from stuff like shape.