iPhone 3g Mucked up!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elgee, Feb 2, 2011.

1. elgee macrumors newbie

Hi all! I have a problem and its starting to really frustrate me. After hours of Google'ing I have put out the white flag and come to a forum to ask for some help! Hope you dont mind a newcomer!

Basically I have just had my screen repaired, and before that I restored to factory settings so they didnt see anything I had. It was on connect to iTunes.

Now I have it back and I turn it on I get this screen:
    (From google)
    [​IMG]

I then resorted to trying to "jailbreak it" thinking it might get rid of the error. I have tried to get into this DFU mode with no luck.

I do it correctly and it comes up with the apple logo, flashes white then nothing happens.

I can then let go of all buttons, and turn on the iphone as normal!

Its pissing me off!

I cant even restore it with itunes or anything because of this sim error!

Please please please help!

Note: I have put my sim card in
    Note2: The bottom of the tray for the sim card has broken, yet I can plug the sim in.

2. elgee thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried everything, I just want to restore it so I can use it! :(

3. PC EMT 24/7 macrumors newbie

Try using iReb to get your iphone out of recovery loop. Use iReb to pwn your phone. Use itunes to restore to your current firmware. Remember to open applications as admin. PM me if you need help.

4. elgee thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally got my iPhone off the guy, he said its gonna cost a **** load or something so i told him to get lost!

I got iReb to work, it made the screen go green and then iTunes actually acknowledged it. Its restoring now as I type this! :D

Thank you so much! :D

P.s. I think the sim card bit (the prongs which press against the sim) is broken, if so im just going to use it as an ipod and apps etc. I've spent far too much on this damn phone as it is!

Thanks again! :D

5. elgee thread starter macrumors newbie

It restored, but it didnt work.

Is there any way to get it working without a sim card?

Any suggestions welcome!:)

6. elgee thread starter macrumors newbie

Yessssssss!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply PC EMT 24/7!

I put it into recovery mode, exited then jailbroke my iphone.

Due to restoring with iTunes it kept asking for a sim card.

I resorted to jailbreaking it and can now use it without a sim card!

Ill be using it as an iPod untill I can afford to fix the sim card holder bit!

Thanks!