Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shebalord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Hi ppl,

Does the iPhone 3G in the USA capable of the ZhuYin (Phonetic) Traditional Input? I checked my keyboard layouts in my 3G iPhone and it only has handwriting recognition and pinyin.

I saw a blog post on a Chinese forum and I saw the Phonetic input on the iPhone 3G bought in Hong Kong. Is there any way to "install" the Phonetic input on my iPhone?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi ppl,

Does the iPhone 3G in the USA capable of the ZhuYin (Phonetic) Traditional Input? I checked my keyboard layouts in my 3G iPhone and it only has handwriting recognition and pinyin.

I saw a blog post on a Chinese forum and I saw the Phonetic input on the iPhone 3G bought in Hong Kong. Is there any way to "install" the Phonetic input on my iPhone?
As far as I can tell, the Traditional Chinese keyboard only has (1) Handwriting and (2) Pinyin. That's what my iPhone 3G (bought in the US) shows.

What you saw on a blog may be a jailbroken iPhone. I don't think Apple includes different keyboard layouts depending upon the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.