iPhone 3G - Network issues on O2 UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BNZ1, Jul 24, 2009.

1. BNZ1 macrumors regular

Phone history...

I have just had my phone replaced last week from Vodafone NZ (Warranty expired last week also). I always have bad reception around my house, but usually not too bad once I walk up the road. Today I am having huge issues with Voice/Txt and I want to know if it is a provider (O2) issue or phone issue?

As you can see from the 3 screenshots attached I have been getting either no bars, searching or No Service messages. Somehow the 3G icon hung around for 20+ seconds after 3G was turned off, even though there was no service! Also I was able to use Data but not Voice while it said I had no service. I was not on Wifi either. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. t0mm macrumors regular

I have the same thing. I just called them (I have a 32GB 3G S) There is a network problem at the moment, all national calls are down. However you can still use 3G Internet.

They're not sure when it will be back up but they're hoping soon....:confused:

Not good for o2..

3. BNZ1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that! I have been on hold with O2 for a while - using the landline of course!

4. t0mm macrumors regular

Me too, all the while charging us whilst we call :(.

The bit that's annoying me is the 'not knowing when it will be back up'

but HOPEFULLY... ASAP...

meh...

5. t0mm macrumors regular

6. BNZ1 thread starter macrumors regular

Has come and gone a few times tonight. Interesting to note the phone can have no voice reception at all but still data access...