iPhone 3G network not accessible in morning hours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zerrrox22, Mar 4, 2009.

1. zerrrox22 macrumors newbie

Now I know this may sound strange, but the 3G network in my phone has a habit of not letting in phone calls or text messages in the morning (usually after 7 AM everything is fine). This only occurs when the iPhone is in 3G mode and as soon as I turn 3G off and Edge gets activated, it gets back to normal.

I am located in NYC with 3G coverage at full bars almost everywhere I go but in the mornings before I leave my house for work I noticed this pattern; which gets annoying when I have important text messages and phone calls which I should get.

My question is whether anyone else is experiencing this and whether this might have to do with AT&T "turning off" some 3G cell towers during the night to conserve whatever energy they can (not sure if this is true, but its my best guess :D). I know it is not the phone since this issue was also present in the first iPhone 3G I had which was replaced for an unrelated issue. Thanks

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

did you jailbreak? sometimes the most mysterious errors appear after a jailbreak. If not just try to restore and see if that fixes it.

3. zerrrox22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I probably should have mentioned it, but this phone is not Jailbroken. I tried restoring it previously with no avail, but it shouldn't hurt to try again. Thanks for the suggestion.