iPhone 3G Network unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by auptimus, Dec 7, 2011.

1. auptimus macrumors member

hi guys,
    I have one simple question. Is a jailbroken iphone is automatically network unlocked or does it have to be unlocked separately? Any unlockers or any way to unlock it for free? I used redsnOw and IPSW.

thanks for your help.
    Optimus

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Jailbreaking & unlocking are 2 different things. So, the answer to your question is "No".

Also, Jailbreaking & unlocking tools for Iphones are free. So, don't pay to anyone to do this for you.

Iclarified.com has all the tutorials for you if you want to jailbreak/unlock your phone.

3. auptimus, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011

auptimus thread starter macrumors member

Hi Crystal,
    Thank you for your prompt response and for the info. I appreciate. Glad I asked.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Optimus

I went to iclarified.com and followed the tutorial on how to use ultrasnOw to unlock my iPhone. I did install it, but after, the carrier kept saying "Reseaching" No network, not even AT&T. I had to uninstall it. It didn't work because my baseband is 05.15.04 and from what I see, there is no ultrasnOw version for this baseband yet.
    have a nice day.
    Optimus.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You will need to install Ipad baseband if you want to unlock this phone. Here is what you need to do;

1. download Ipad 1 3.2.2 fw to your computer.
    2. If you phone already jailbreak, just re-run redsn0w and this time, click on install Ipad baseband (make sure you have ipad fw on your computer).
    3. re-install ultrasn0w.
    4. Turn off 3G in setting/general/network.

You phone should be unlocked and can be used with any GSM sim after the above processes.

5. auptimus thread starter macrumors member

iPhone 3G unlock

Hi Crystal,
    Thanks for your message. I did all what you said, but ultrasn0w gets stuck on "Waiting For Reboot" screen and I can't get it to reboot. Any idea why?
    Thanks

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Try to reinstall it by hooking up to different wifi router/network. It happened to me few times previously.

7. auptimus thread starter macrumors member

Unlock

Hi,
    I tried with many different versions of redsn0w but nothing worked. Keep getting the "Waiting for reboot" message and it sticks there.