iPhone 3G no longer vibrates...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arkanok, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

As the title suggests, my iPhone doesn't seem to be vibrating anymore at all. I've tried changing various settings, switching the vibrate switch on and off, restarting the phone, doing a hard reset (by holding down the home and standby buttons at the same time) and nothing has worked.

I have a major problem with this because I generally keep it set on vibrate mode and without it, I can't tell if i'm being called or texted or anything.

Does anybody know if there's a way to fix this? It only started happening today, and I haven't dropped the phone or anything at all. Is this a bug with 3.0 maybe, or is my hardware physically screwed?

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Mine still does the vibrate with 3.0 installed. Have you tried a restore from within iTunes yet?

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

No, sadly I'm at work right now and I just noticed the problem about an hour ago, so I'll have to wait till I get home to do a restore.

I'm worried this is gonna be a hardware issue.

How long is the warranty with the iPhone 3G? I bought mine at the iPhone 3G launch on July 11, 2008. Would it still be under warranty? By the way, it's not jailbroken or anything.

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

1 year, you have a couple of weeks to get it taken care of.

5. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Yeah thank god it's before the warranty expired. I just called my local apple store and they made an appointment for me with a genius tomorrow, so hopefully it'll get swapped for a new one.