Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
As the title suggests, my iPhone doesn't seem to be vibrating anymore at all. I've tried changing various settings, switching the vibrate switch on and off, restarting the phone, doing a hard reset (by holding down the home and standby buttons at the same time) and nothing has worked.

I have a major problem with this because I generally keep it set on vibrate mode and without it, I can't tell if i'm being called or texted or anything.

Does anybody know if there's a way to fix this? It only started happening today, and I haven't dropped the phone or anything at all. Is this a bug with 3.0 maybe, or is my hardware physically screwed?

nparmelee

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2008
Mine still does the vibrate with 3.0 installed. Have you tried a restore from within iTunes yet?

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Mine still does the vibrate with 3.0 installed. Have you tried a restore from within iTunes yet?

No, sadly I'm at work right now and I just noticed the problem about an hour ago, so I'll have to wait till I get home to do a restore.

I'm worried this is gonna be a hardware issue.

How long is the warranty with the iPhone 3G? I bought mine at the iPhone 3G launch on July 11, 2008. Would it still be under warranty? By the way, it's not jailbroken or anything.

Arkanok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
1 year, you have a couple of weeks to get it taken care of.

Yeah thank god it's before the warranty expired. I just called my local apple store and they made an appointment for me with a genius tomorrow, so hopefully it'll get swapped for a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.