Iphone 3G no service issue?

Macbrainwracked

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Well I just received a used Iphone 3g from a friend. I went through the task of fixing the 1015 error and getting it functional, then installed cydia with Redsnow. But now the problem is the phone reads no service when entering the sim card. I have tried the airport mode trick, resetting the network settings etc with no luck. What am I doing wrong? I am on 4.2.1. Am I mistaken, is it even jailbroken? Can anybody help on this issues :confused:

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Well I just received a used Iphone 3g from a friend. I went through the task of fixing the 1015 error and getting it functional, then installed cydia with Redsnow. But now the problem is the phone reads no service when entering the sim card. I have tried the airport mode trick, resetting the network settings etc with no luck. What am I doing wrong? I am on 4.2.1. Am I mistaken, is it even jailbroken? Can anybody help on this issues :confused:
1. which network is your sim belonging to?
2. what is the baseband on your phone now? go to setting, general, about and look at the "Modem firmware".

Macbrainwracked

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Thanks for the reply! I just checked and the modem Firmware says 06.15.00, and my sim belongs to T-mobile.

Macbrainwracked

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
1. Open Cydia, search for Ultrasn0w. install it.
2. Go to setting, general, network, disable 3G.
3. Reboot your phone and you will have service.
Wow, that did the trick! Thank you a BUNCH crystal! I wracked my brain for a good while trying to figure out why it was not working! It has service and I am a happy camper :D

cremartin

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
NO!!! Service!!! 3G, 4.2.1, 16.05.00 --> T-mobile

1. Open Cydia, search for Ultrasn0w. install it.
2. Go to setting, general, network, disable 3G.
3. Reboot your phone and you will have service.
I got same problem....I got used 3G at&t phone 2 weeks ago. I did jailbreak and unlock 20 times maybe....I install some thing called SAM and SAMPREFs....nothing except that itunes showed my phone number. So now I'm after another jailbreak (Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12) and unlock. 3G is disable. reboot my phone 10 times already....nothing....no service %^%$#. I probably can't even resale it now....

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I got same problem....I got used 3G at&t phone 2 weeks ago. I did jailbreak and unlock 20 times maybe....I install some thing called SAM and SAMPREFs....nothing except that itunes showed my phone number. So now I'm after another jailbreak (Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12) and unlock. 3G is disable. reboot my phone 10 times already....nothing....no service %^%$#. I probably can't even resale it now....
Reflash the iPad baseband and reinstall ultrasn0w.

cremartin

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
Reflash the iPad baseband and reinstall ultrasn0w.

Just quick question/few...Can I used same Ultrasn0w to reflash that I used to jailbreak 9.6.6rc12 and I can't find how to reflash 3g only 3GS...I guess I fallow 3gs(s) guide....should I? .......

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Just quick question/few...Can I used same Ultrasn0w to reflash that I used to jailbreak 9.6.6rc12 and I can't find how to reflash 3g only 3GS...I guess I fallow 3gs(s) guide....should I? .......
You can use the same redsn0w to reflash iPad baseband as you use on 3GS. Then reinstall ultrasn0w 1.2.5 in Cydia to unlock it.

cremartin

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
You can use the same redsn0w to reflash iPad baseband as you use on 3GS. Then reinstall ultrasn0w 1.2.5 in Cydia to unlock it.[/QUOTE

One bar and nothing:( This phone is driving me crazy. Is it possible that I've done jailbreaking wrong? Is that have something to do with original Fw and custom FW. I know I used both w/ jailbreaking and restoring. have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I'm only mom of 2 little kids and whole idea was that I wanna canceled my t-mobile serive and switch to sprint because they have now Iphones. Unfortunetly I'm still on contract so I got this phone until I'm ready to cancel T-mobile, but now usless phone cost me almost as contract canceletion fee. ....so....I think i did reflash right (just check install baseboard), reinstall ultrasn0w, reboot etc. and........no service.........something is wrong.......