iphone 3g not able to mms

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobbySkateboard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I got the iphone 4 the day it was released and gave my dad my old 3g (running 4.0 if that matters) and he didn't want to pay for the data plan so I turned off the cellular data under the network section of settings. This way he can still send and recieve calls and texts and even use the internet when in wifi areas, but for some reason mms isn't working. I'm not super good with technology, I just like to think I am, haha. Did I do something wrong or can you simply not get mms on without paying for the iphone data plan? Other helpful info: We're on a family plan that has unlimited texting (picture and video messaging included). And the mms option under settings is enabled.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

2. gimano67 macrumors member

My cousin had the same problem on his 3GS. He went to the genius bar and they told him to wipe the phone and build it as a new iPhone rather than using a backup to build it. We did this and it worked. Hope yours does too!

3. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

I set it up as a new iphone when I switched it to him, I figured it was easier than unsyncing it with my emails, aim, facebook and all other accounts. So it was set up as a new phone when I gave it to him.

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Restore not from backup and you need to be on an Internet connection when sending them