iPhone 3G - not booting, just *very* faintly showing Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toypadlock, Jul 5, 2010.

1. toypadlock macrumors member

Basically, a couple of weeks ago I woke up and my iPhone 3G just wouldn't power on. Seemed a wee bit damp and had condensation inside the camera lens and (very slightly) inside the screen.

Thing is, I have no idea how it could have got wet because I certainly didn't pour anything on it and it definitely wasn't a humid atmosphere.

I stuck it inside a bowl of rice for about 6 days hoping it might dry out. The condensation's gone, but it just wouldn't do anything so I decided to forget about it.

Only today, I get bored and push a button and lo and behold a *very* faint silver apple appears in the screen. Only when it's plugged into the mains, mind, and it goes off after about a minute.

I've tried putting it in recovery mode but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any suggestion about how to save it or shall I just let it go to iPhone heaven?

2. ebony macrumors regular

The LCD backlight has gone. Same happened to my 3GS. Take it to the apple store and they do a water damage replacement for £98.

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Only option unless you want to DIY.