iphone 3g not reconized

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ssin, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ssin macrumors newbie

I have been troubleshooting for while my friend iphone 3g he broke the screen and replace it since then he has just an apple logo and nothing else. at first i tried hard reset(not working) connected it to pc not recognized in device manager, not recognized diskaid, no sound noting. i have and iphone 4 and my computer recognize it => it's not a drive or something. i open it checked the connection and they are fine. so what else?

any ideas

2. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

Put into DFU mode. iTunes should recognize it as in recovery.

3. ssin thread starter macrumors newbie

The apple logo don't go away, dfu mode hard reset it stays there. Any solution?

4. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

It's not in DFU mode if the apple logo stays on the screen.

5. ssin thread starter macrumors newbie

How do get rid of the apple logo then if the computer don't recognize it. Please

6. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

He's already said it. It's not in DFU if the logo is still there. Hold home and lock button down for 10-15 until screen flashes off, then release lock button and continue to hold home button until iTunes message pops up stating its in recovery mode.

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

you still can get it into DFU where you are at now. It does not to be off.

8. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

Obviously, but he said that after DFU and hard reset the apple logo stayed. My point was that he never had it in DFU if the apple was still on the screen.

9. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

In my message quoting you, I meant it as in I agree with you and meant that YOU had already said how to do it. Lol sorry if I quoted and responded confusingly. I sometimes confuse myself :p

10. Nlynn527 macrumors regular