iPhone 3G not reconnecting to network after NO SERVICE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lucbert, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

I have a problem.
    My iPhone 3G refuses to reconnect to the Cell network after being in an off-area where it did have no service.
    If I leave that No Service area, the iPhone does not reconnect and stays on No Service.
    My family and I are in Europe right now an therefore my iPhone is roaming on their networks.
    When I have the problem, that my iPhone does not reconnect and I go to the settings menu and go into the carrier selection, it gives me 3 different networks, but if I select one of them it says that it is restricted.
    The only thing I can do to get service back is reboot the phone, airplane mode on-off does not help.
    I also have that problem when I am in America and not roaming.
    It happens regardless of 3G on/off and Data roaming on/off.
    I have 3.0 installed, but it also happened on 2.2.1.

Can you help?

2. jeffnugget macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem as well except I live in Scotland. Everytime I lose my signal it can take ages for it to come back and some times it doesn't unless I turn the phone off then on again! Did you get any help with this problem??

3. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

+1 in Toronto.

Like the OP, toggling airplane mode on and off does not help, only rebooting the phone :(

Edit: I'm using a 3G though

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

My phone has done this on a few occasions on 3.0 OS, (i.e comming out from a basement at work). Didn't seem to happen on the prior OS.