iPhone 3G not responding to anything!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DoubleN, Jun 15, 2012.

1. DoubleN macrumors newbie

Last night, I was surfing facebook and then I put my iPhone 3G on charge and fell asleep. I randomly woke up in the middle of the night, and found that my iPhone had that red battery and lightning bolt underneath. In a state of half-sleepy-awareness I made sure the plug was in the iPhone and went back to sleep. The next day I come back to my phone, unplug it from the charger and press the home button. No response. Repeatedly pressed home button.. No response. I REALLY need some help. The issue is that I don't have a sleep/lock button.. It broke off. So please HELP!!!

2. Jlrera macrumors member

As far as i know theres no way to turn off or reset the device without the power lock button, if your dock connector is still in tact i would recommend plugging it into your computer and backing up then restoring in itunes, that should fix any issue as it sounds like it could be software related.

3. DoubleN thread starter macrumors newbie

I plugged my iPhone into iTunes as you suggested by I'm guessing iTunes is not recognizing the phone and neither is the computer.

4. DoubleN thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone is off..?

I just realized that my phone might be shut off!!! If it is, how the heck am I supposed to turn it back on without a power button?!?! :mad:

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug it to usb and it should turn on if something else didnt go wrong with it.
    But again its an iphone 3G on its last leg with a broken power button. Maybe a good opportunity to finally upgrade to something newer.

6. DoubleN thread starter macrumors newbie

Too true..
    But it seems as though I have a solution! But this will probably apply to me only
    Apparently the wire was a tad bit screwed up!! :eek:
    I went over to a friend's house and thankfully the fellow had an iDock for his iPod Classic. I plugged in my iPhone and the phone turned on! :)