Iphone 3G not working after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maly1940, Dec 8, 2010.

1. maly1940 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have an Iphone 3g ver 4.2 and just used redsnOw to jailbreak and then cydia to unlock the phone. I did everything according to the instructions and the phone worked fine for another carrier. Except i wanted to erease all my personal data on the phone, so i went into general and hit erase phone data and settings. Now the phone will not work. its asking me to connect to itunes. I tried to restore it and get error in Itunes. Also jailbreak it again but freezes:confused. Just will not work. Can someone tell what to do please?

2. celticpride678

3. maly1940 thread starter macrumors newbie

the Itunes error is 1604? how can i fix this issue?

4. celticpride678

Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won’t recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the USB 30-pin dock-connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why did you hit erase all settings on your phone? JB phones have to be erased through itunes.
    You'll need the carrier SIM to which it's locked and will have to install 4.2.1 (because that's what Apple is writing for--unless you have SHSH blobs).