iPhone 3G on pwned 4.1 w multitasking enabled = Battery Hog?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Junkboxy, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Junkboxy macrumors member

Has anybody seen their 3G turn into a battery hog after enabling multitasking in one of the 4.X firmwares?

I had a pwned 4.0 without multitasking, and it worked like a charm.

I then got bold, and enabled multitasking when I pwned 4.1. The result has been a battery-sucker. (And no, its not cuz I'm accidentally running a crapload of apps in the background - I checked on that. Nor is it WiFi, I always have it off.)

The only factor that I can see between my two extremes is the enabled option of multitasking.(?)

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I had multitasking on my 3G as well. The hardware simply can't deal with it. I'd turn it off if I were you. Shouldn't be harder than editing a plist file, or you might be able to find something on Cydia.

3. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I run multitasking, along with homescreen wallpaper on my iPhone 3G and haven't noticed much different in standby time. However, whenever I'm finished with an app I get rid of it from the multitasking bar so I suppose that helps. There is considerable lag and battery drain if I'm playing a game etc and have about 4 other apps running though. :/