iPhone 3G on the fritz

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by peskaa, Feb 17, 2010.

1. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I've got a launch 3G iPhone, and it is acting increasingly odd. The issues are as follows:

1) Volume will change itself and "jam" at either the max or minimum. I can't turn the volume down at this point, as the phone is getting both vol up and down signals at the same time. However, after a while, it will eventually stop.

2) Random interludes of locking/unlocking/power down screen. It's as if the lock switch is sending signals to the phone, even when not depressed. This can frequently mean I can't use the phone for quite a while, as it's sitting there flicking away between locked/pin entry. Again, this eventually just stops of its own accord.

Any ideas? The phone is out of warranty, although I'm thinking I may be covered under the UK Sale of Goods act, as the phone is obviously faulty and not functioning as expected.

Water sensors are both white, as you can see.

Attached Files:

2. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

All of these features are related to one wiring loom which controls volume, mute, headphone socket and sleep button. If it was me, then I would change the whole loom - they are cheap.

Regards

Spencer

4. peskaa thread starter macrumors 68020

peskaa

Done that about 50 times.

Where would I find one of these?

5. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular