iPhone 3G on Tmobile keeps loseing service? No push notifcations also

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ivenus, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ivenus macrumors member

Hello my partner has a iPhone 3G and 3.1.2 and it's unlocked for tmobile. Each day he loses service and is there anything he can get on cyida to fix this?also he does not get push notifications is there anything to fix this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only way to fix the push is by restoring it and activating it with an official AT&T simcard.
    About the signal issue Im assuming he used blacksnow to unlock it. He should install blacksnow RC2 thru cydia to see if that helps.
    Also tell him to make sure that 3G is always disabled since it wont work with Tmobile and will cause problems like that.
    Go to settings, network and make sure enable 3G is OFF.

3. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

So if I take out my AT&T sim and restore with it in then rejailbreak it then he will get push? Also he doesn't see blacksnow in cydia is there a source for it?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yea that will fix the push. Make sure if you restore to restore to 3.1.2 and not the latest 3.1.3 cause he will lose the unlock ability.
    for blacksn0w RC2

Cydia.pushfix.info/ is the repo that needs to be added for blacksnow RC2

5. AppleHack23 macrumors member

Also if you restore remember to click option+restore on a Mac, or shift+restore on a PC, and choose the 3.1.2 firmware which you can download from the internet. If you don't do this he will lose his unlock unless he has the 5.08 bootloader, which he can then use Fuzzyband to downgrade his baseband. 3G phones with the 5.08 bootloader are normally within the first few weeks of its release, and about 10% of all the 3G phones have it. I don't know if BlackSn0w RC2 will fix the problem, but you can try Push Fix on Cydia. That fixed my push and YouTube.