iPhone 3G or G1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by getatkyill, Oct 22, 2008.

1. getatkyill macrumors regular

So I have tmobile and I'm contemplating switching to AT&T for iPhone 3G. Switching to AT&T and after doing all my calculations, if I purchased a iPhone 3G instead of G1 and had AT&T I'd pay $100 more then what I would to stay with tmobile and get the G1.

I mean its a $100 more so not much but do you think it's worth it to make the switch for just the iPhone 3G? Or better off just staying and keeping G1 since its basically the same almost?

I'd like some of your opinions and advice on what I should do, I like using my phone in general for texting, email, web, and AIM/messaging of course.

Thank you in advance :)

2. kleinias macrumors regular

I currently have both phones and I can answer any specific questions you might have. While both phones are considered smartphones, I think there are some stark differences between them. Some of those differences are easily seen (the G1 has a slid out keyboard) and others a bit less so (The iPhone has "multi-touch").