iPhone 3g or not...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gambleonian, Dec 4, 2008.

1. gambleonian Guest

Ok,
    So i am visiting the USA next month with intentions of buying an iphone on AT&T and then paying the ETF (Early Termination Fee). However, it has just been determined that I will be moving to the Netherlands next July, where the iPhone plans are ridiculously cheap. Now, as it appears to me, there seems to be a yearly cycle of iPhones coming. Would it be good for me to wait until July and buy a potentially new iPhone or go to USA in January with intentions of cancelling contract and then unlocking and so forth?
    Thanks
    Gambleonian

2. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Well to get an iPhone from AT&T you will need to be able to pass a US credit check. Will you be able to do that?

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I am waiting for the next iphone. BUT, I have the first gen iphone, and the 3G is really not that much of an improvement, so I can afford to wait for the next one, which will hopefully have some impressive improvements. If I didn't have a 2G iphone I'd buy a 3G now because having an iphone is wonderful. :)

4. stiphone macrumors regular

I'll wait to buy in Netherlands since it's cheaper there. Would have to sign a contract with AT&T here in order to buy and iPhone. What's more, it locked to the carrier.

5. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

I would just wait and get it in your home country..