iPhone 3G & OS 3.0 troubles, now has long blank screen after Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 0wen, Jun 21, 2009.

1. 0wen macrumors newbie

I updated my iPhone 3G 16gig to OS 3.0 and now each time I start it up, there is a blank screen that stays around for more then 10 seconds after Apple Logo disappears before starting like normal. I am just wondering if this is normal with the 3.0 update or did something mess up when I updated from 2.2.1. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

This is normal. Even after a respring now it shows that instead of the frozen spinning logo. Apple just changed that for whatever the reason to a blank screen when Springboard loads.

3. 0wen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast response. That was one thing that has been bothering me since upgrading to 3.0 and I did not notice any posts about it so far. I guess most people are just used to the minute long wait after turning the iPhone 3G on so they do not even bother to watch the screen much anymore.

4. Spliff macrumors regular

I'm not particularly happy with the performance of my 3G after the 3.0 upgrade. I find finger swipes unresponsive, safari website load times slower and sometimes see difficulties in switching between wifi and 3G.

I've reinstalled 3.0 and still have these problems. I think 3.0 was fully optimized to work on 3GS, and the people stuck with 3Gs will have to bite the bullet and put up with some of these problems.

Anyone else have similar experiences to mine?

5. dieseldavey macrumors newbie

I too installed the 3.0 update and aint happy every thing is so much slower. i have nothing but praise for apple but not in this case. Poor Apple very poor!

6. cloudsurfer1733 macrumors newbie

Same here. I have the blank screen after the apple logo.

AND:
    I also notice that the spinning indicator when turning off the phone show the top on like a 75 degree angle.
    When I shuffle all songs now, sometime it gets stuck and replays the same song over and over until I manually fast forward.
    Occasionally a a real soft "pop" sound comes from the speaker when I open or close app.
    Safari is a mess.. any files (like pdfs) remotely large now struggle to open.
    All-in-all the whole operating system is much less smooth.

And just for reference, I always do a fresh install.

7. csheath macrumors member

The blank screen after the apple logo is no longer there on 3.1 beta 2, springboard launches straight after the logo again now if that helps