iPhone 3G OS Beta 4 "error 3014"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MWillis561, Apr 29, 2009.

1. MWillis561 macrumors member

MWillis561

So I was wondering if anybody else is receiving this error. I've tried updating from beta 3 to beta 4 and keep getting this error. I've tried it on 2 different computers with iTunes 8.2 installed. Does anybody have any idea whats causing this. I am a registered developer and my UDID is registered. Thanks!

2. english06 macrumors member

3. ktula macrumors newbie

Nope

That's not it. My iPhone is a registered device and i am still getting error 3014.

4. MWillis561 thread starter macrumors member

MWillis561

I know I'm a registered developer. I've gone in to my account and double check my UDID. I haven't had a single issue with beta's 1-3.

5. THX723 macrumors member

I'm a registered developer and have ran into that issue last night.

By any chance are you running any software firewalls?

Could be wrong on this, but it appears the iTunes authenticates with Apple for valid "developer status" (via I believe it was Verisign?). My Kasperksy Internet Security caught the outbound net traffic (to a Verisign server) shortly after I initiated the beta4 update. I blocked it without thinking, then after quite a bit of wait received a 3014 error. Repeated again w. the same result. Thought about it. Temporarily allowed my Kaspersky to allow all out bound traffics and beta4 went through without any hitch.

Good lucky mate!

6. MWillis561 thread starter macrumors member

MWillis561

Thanks I'll give that a try in a few minutes and update on the status.

7. redking31591 macrumors 6502

8. ktula macrumors newbie

Yes. iTunes 8.2 on Windows XP.

9. english06 macrumors member

*bites tongue* Yeah I just got this error as well. Error 3014 and the Pink Restore Screen. What the crap is this?

I just downgraded to Beta 3 for the time being.

10. MWillis561 thread starter macrumors member

MWillis561

So the error for me was definately dealing with the firewall. If the itunes cannot contact the apple server that verifies your developers account then you will get this error. It's obviously trying to access a different server than what the rest of itunes does. I removed my firewall and everything worked great on the first try.

11. THX723 macrumors member

Glad that worked out for you too! :)

12. ktula macrumors newbie

Not sure what my problem was but when i tried it at home on my Mac Pro, i had no problem at all.

13. sallythemac Guest

I read a comment on an iPhone blog suggesting opening up a specific port, 8080. Is working for me - currently installing...

14. english06 macrumors member

Ok someone please help. I am getting this repeatedly with the Pink Restore screen and I just can't fix it. Ive restored about 10 times with that pink screen but it just goes back to Error 3014.

I had to downgrade to Beta 3 for now....

15. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Make sure that your internet connection does not have a firewall that can prevent iTunes from sending your iPhone's data to its servers.

16. bernhardstolz macrumors newbie

same problem

i have the same problem: developer, registrated iphone, no firewall, no problems up to beta 3.

my developer account is ok (apple hotline)

no ideas

17. sallythemac Guest

Do u have a router? Could be a hardware firewall. I turned my OS X firewall off, still same error. Had to open thr port on my firewall before I had any success.

18. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

I guess the last resort will be to try several times. There has been no articulation anywhere that I know of that explains why some people get the pink screen of death while some don't.

19. english06 macrumors member

I have tried to update it atleast 10 times just trying to make sure it wasn't a one time fluke. I am currently reinstalling iTunes and downloading the .ispw file again.

Is there anyway I can check to see if that port is open? I am stuck at a hotel with no way to mess with the router. So if a program exists to "ping" the apple site through a certain port that would be great.

20. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Try http://www.more.net/technical/pingtrace.html

Hotels tend to have firewalls set in place to prevent upstreams other than IM's and video / photo hosting websites. They may prevent 3rd party websites from gathering information from host computers because of virus attacks. I have a gut feeling if you use a public or home wifi you will be successful. Good luck.