Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
so, just pruchased this and can't use 3G!

I've changed the settings from contract to pay and go.. and still no go.. giving me no pages at the moment..

What can I do? Switched the phone on and off still no work!!

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
If your not in a 3G area or your home has a bad signal then you won't get 3G!

That would seem to be the case for you.

Change your settings back to PAYG or it won't work even if you have a 3G signal!

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
How can I check if I have o2 3G in my area? As I'm pretty sure I do as I have full bars on 3g with the 2.0.2 software

50711b6182949c1001.PNG

itchster

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
Birmingham, UK
im no expert but that box with the dot in it next to the Signal bars should say 3G not be well a box with a dot in it (which I dont know what that means) But I think your not getting web pages because your not getting the 3G signal. All the bars mean is your getting a 02 signal, that does not automatically mean you will get a 3G signal

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
im no expert but that box with the dot in it next to the Signal bars should say 3G not be well a box with a dot in it (which I dont know what that means) But I think your not getting web pages because your not getting the 3G signal. All the bars mean is your getting a 02 signal, that does not automatically mean you will get a 3G signal

You sir mgiht be right.. I might call up o2 tomorrow.

moabon.rob

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Full bars doesn't relate to whether you have 3G...

Example: I live in Southampton. Most places I get full bars. Most places I only get the dot (GPRS) coverage. Some places I get the E (EDGE) coverage. I don't have a 3G iPhone so can't tell about 3G signal.

If your area is 3G, there's a problem - however, you can't tell that by the number of bars...

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land

It should say 3G, if you don't have 3G then it doesn't matter how many bars you have.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    66.8 KB · Views: 75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.