iPhone 3g PAYG or iPhone 3gs PAYG?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacKiddyWiddy, Aug 23, 2009.

?

iPhone 3g or 3gs?

1. iPhone 3g

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. iPhone 3gs Black

100.0%
  3. iPhone 3gs White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

Hey, first topic I've created on here... woooo. What I want to know is that is the iPhone 3gs (retailing at £440 for 16gb) really worth the extra money compared to the iPhone 3g (retailing at £345 for 8gb)... The extra space is an uneeded bonus but I have a friend who has a 3g and his father, a 3gs. The 3gs seems to be alot quicker and smoother which would be the thing that is pulling me towards it, also I hear reports of the internet being considerably faster due to the hardware (correct me if I am wrong). I'm also scared about jailbreaking and unlocking the 3gs compared to the 3g but should I be? I desperately need to unlock it as I will be putting in a different sim so I can have internet and texts at almost £20 a month cheaper....

Basically I just want confirmation that the 16gb 3gs is worth its extra price or not? Thankyou for your time

P.S. Another cheeky question but black or white? haha I just don't know :(

2. sananda macrumors 68020

But you'll get 12 months internet included in the price.

3. MacKiddyWiddy thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah I know i will on the PAYG but i can easily sell those on ebay and with tht i wud still pay for texts and calls.... may i add that with the contract i will be getting i will be getting a phone of similar worth to the iPhone and so will sell it to pay for the bulk of the iPhone