iphone 3g plastic cost

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by panatha, Feb 25, 2009.

1. panatha macrumors member

panatha

yesterday i was playing soccer at school and i had my iphone in my pocket.when i kicked the ball it fleww out and hit the ground.i have acouple dints on it on the courners scratchers etc.

does anybody hav a clue if a send it in to apple will they replace the back and for what cost.?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Stay in school lad because your spelling is terrible.

3. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

you will need to buy a new phone

wear and tear is not covered under warranty, its normal

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's nonsense. Buy a back cover off of eBay and watch a tutorial on how to disassemble your iPhone to get it on.

Buy a new phone... nonsense.

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Because that won't void your warranty or anything. I'd deal with a few cosmetic defects to make sure my phone was covered. If it's out of warranty however, it's fair game and would give me the green light to mess with at will. :)

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

exactly

the options are

a) live with it ( scracthes etc) and retain factory fit and finish with warranty

b) Buy a replacement case, which could not fit well, will void your warranty, etc etc

c) buy a new phone

just live with it

7. iFerd macrumors 6502a

As I read this sentence, the OP was wondering if Apple would replace the back and if so, what would they charge. I assume if he sends it to Apple for repair, the warranty would remain.

I don't know how much Apple would charge, but if I wanted to know, I would call the Apple iPhone support line (800-275-2273) and ask.

8. panatha thread starter macrumors member

panatha

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Well since he/she broke it anyway the warranty has basically been voided anyway. Even if the OP does encounter a problem in the future Apple won't make an exchange for free after they see the damage to the phone.

If you're looking for a cheap fix, buy the part. If you want to keep your warranty but are willing to pay more, go through Apple.