iPhone 3G: "Please Connect To iTunes" Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlin615, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jlin615 macrumors regular

Sometimes when I power on my iPhone 3G, I get this "Please Connect To iTunes" screen (black screen shows the iTunes logo and the connector cable). Then if I power it off and then turn it back on, it'll boot into the home screen with the message "iPhone Activated" and everything work normal. I've had this incident twice and only had this iPhone 3G for about a week.

Anybody experienced this? Thanks!

2. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Yup, I had it once and it freaked me out because I just did a jailbreak on the phone about two days prior. Since then, it hasn't done it. Maybe just a bug, I dunno. Either way, the phone continues to work and there have been no hiccups or burps. I would say just let "good enough" be. As long as the phone still works, no worries. Now, if something isn't working properly, I would do a complete restore. If that doesn't work, try the Genius Bar.

3. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Happened to me the other day, I just removed the SIM and put it back. Works fine since.

I've been through 4 3G's and I haven't had this problem before, it must be a software problem.

4. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

This has happened to me twice recently, with a 3G that I've had for about 6 weeks. It never happened with the one I bought on launch day and kept for 4 months. Both times, I just power-cycled it again and it hit the network normally. It's weird and disconcerting, and although it's certainly true that there are worse things that could happen, it would be nice to know the reason and find a fix, in case it gets worse.

5. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Jailbroke my phone whilst abroad and this happened to me so all I did was switch off and again and everything was normal, happened to me the other day but this time I was actually home so I plugged it in itunes and it went on the springbaord. Never happened since.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Hard reset would fix it (hold down sleep wake and home screen buttons for a few seconds). My phone did that a couple weeks ago and I just reset it and it was fine.

7. jlin615 thread starter macrumors regular

I did a hard reset, follow by a full restore. Didn't restore from any backup, just set it up as a new iPhone. It's been almost a week, issue haven't occur since.