Iphone 3G powersave shortcut

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mummiez, Aug 21, 2008.

1. mummiez macrumors newbie

Anybody seen a program for iphone that will turn off 3G, bluetooth and wireless with one push to save batteries. Its a hassel to go through all settings every time

2. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

No, unless u have a JB iphone. However, im not 100% sure, but isn't there some policy from apple against using software from accessing certain features like that on iphone? I have yet to see background wallpapers and icon changes so there must be some limiting factor.
    anyone can correct me on this.?

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You could get a Firwire Cable or another "non suported" device, and plug it into the bottom then select yes when it asks you to enter airplane mode. You could put in a suggestion on the Apple Website for a "quick/quiet" mode on the iPhone.

TEG

4. mummiez thread starter macrumors newbie

Then the phone part wouldn't work would it ? I just want to turn of all unused power hungry features with a tap, or maybe a key sequence.

5. mummiez thread starter macrumors newbie

Have u seen a JB application that could do this?

6. starchie macrumors newbie

All Viewers: Email Apple About This

Yes, especially for programs like Pathtracker (GPS plotter).
    The Firewire cable is a neat trick, thanks!

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I remember that Installer.app (JB) had an application that turned off WiFi and Bluetooth -- but this was when I was using my 1st Gen iPhone; haven't used it since.

8. mikd macrumors newbie

You can use BossPrefs. On its first screen upon startup, you can toggle wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, and 3g on/off.