iPhone 3G Price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, Mar 4, 2008.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting an iPhone in 22 days. I don't know if I should wait for the 3G version, but if it starts at $499 as the iPhone did when it first came out, then I'm definitely not getting it. So does anyone think it will start at the same price as the iPhone did when it first came out or how they cost now? And will the current model be replaced with the 3G? Will we see any hardware changes to or will it look the same? Please and thank you in advance :D

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

If someone on here knows, they'd be fired for giving you the answers that you seek. Everything is all speculation here and you can't trust people that have heard rumors to make your buying decisions for you. If you go read some iPhone and Apple sites, you can get a feel for the ideas about what's coming and when, then you can decide what you want to do.

3. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well thanks anyways. I think if the 3G iPhone doesn't come out by the end of March then I'm just getting the current iPhone

4. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

You will be very happy with it! 3G is overrated.

5. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

if you're on prepaid then no (unlock)... because I hardly use edge, and it's bloody expensive. wifi meanwhile is everywhere.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

The current model iPhone actually started at $599. I don't think a 3G iPhone would increase in price.