Iphone 3G problem - No sim inserted

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GabiF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. GabiF macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,
    I have a problem with my Iphone 3G: the screen shows an USB cable pointed unto the iTunes sign, and the sliding sign says "slide for emergency"; also, when I try to connect the iphone to iTunes, it says "There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate. Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone", although it has a SIM inserted in the proper place (to be mentioned: the SIM is not the original one, but one from the Service Provider I am using).
    Now, let me tell you how this happened. I tried to update the iPhone to the latest software (and not the one provided by iTunes, from Apple), but the one from Whited00r; the thing is, they had 2 options:
    1. ios 5 for the iPhones that have that "carrier ...blah blah"
    2. ios 5 for the iPhones that DO NOT have that carrier thing (thing not needed for the final update);
    well I didn't read the options quite concentrated and happened that I updated the iPhone with the first ios option and now it just shows the message I told you about.

Can you please give me a piece of advice, or help me in some way?

Thank you in advance

2. GabiF thread starter macrumors newbie