iPhone 3G prolonged Safari use problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Frank Butcher, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Frank Butcher macrumors newbie

Right heres my current annoyance with my iPhone 3G, taken from my actual phone:

[​IMG]

Browsing the web via Safari is usually a joy for the first 10 minutes or so continual use. I get no errors, no timeouts and speeds are near enough as quick as my 20mb cable connection whilst browsing on my MacBook.

However, after prolonged use of Safari, I start getting the above error almost every time I click on a link or try to change website. If I click on the link enough it will eventually load though. Not only that, as you can see from the screenshot above of Facebook, you can see Safari will change the font and the layout so it looks like the above. Images also wont load. Turning the phone off and rebooting seems to cure it.

I was hoping 2.0.1 and more recently 2.0.2 would fix this but its still there more than ever.

Anyone have the same problem or even better, a solution?

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Frank, that sucks..

I've never had that before. However, on facebook I get an issue when on a real computer that sometimes images and links don't want to load.

Is it isolated to facebook or all web browsing?

3. Frank Butcher thread starter macrumors newbie

All web browsing, was just using Facebook as an example.

Since my first post. I have done a hard reset on my iPhone, followed by a full restore then set up a new phone profile with no backup. Exactly the same happens after prolonged use.

Im starting to think my iPhone has a fault rather than something I can fix?

Any other ideas?

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

I had the same problem once in a moving car. I figured it was due to lack of connectivity to a 3G cell. After hitting the link again the page loaded, however upon clicking another link I got the same error. Again, "re-clicking" the link made the page load. The problem lasted for a few minutes and I haven't seen it since.

This probably doesn't offer you any insight, but figured I'd share it anyway.

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

6. Frank Butcher thread starter macrumors newbie