iPhone 3G Quality Control Survey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Animaniac, Aug 12, 2008.

?

Which of the following issues have you had with new or replacement iPhone 3G units?

1. No issues

28 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Poor reception

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Poor battery performance

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Backlight leakage

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  5. Stuck or dead pixels

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. Cracks in back plastic

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Scratches anywhere

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  8. Poor sound volume

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Misaligned home, volume, or sleep/wake buttons

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Misaligned screen

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  11. Other

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Animaniac macrumors member

Animaniac

Since we see so many threads for complaints, it's hard to get an idea on how prevalent iPhone 3G manufacturer issues really are. While this is certainly not a scientific survey, it is probably the best that we can do to get some data on iPhone 3G build quality. Given the traffic the MacRumors boards get, hopefully we get a decently sized sample. Searching the forums, I don't think this has been done before, my apologies if it has. Hopefully, I have managed to get all the common issues. If not, I believe moderators can edit polls, so please feel free to suggest others items to include in this thread.

If a moderator feels that this thread would be worth stickying that would be great! Who knows, you guys may get a good story for the front page! Hopefully this data will end up easing concerns for people waiting to purchase or waiting to replace.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

In all fairness to Apple, I don't think scratches are their fault.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just the misaligned screen, or it wasn't flush all the way around. Collected a bunch of lint/dust in the crevices. Actually, my reception is a little better after I got a (NIB) replacement on Sunday, August 10, '08. Serial Number: 87832XXXXXX.:cool:

4. Animaniac thread starter macrumors member

Animaniac

Ah, yes. I should have definitely included dust under the screen in the poll. I forgot about that one. If a moderator reads this, would it be possible to add this to the poll? Thanks!

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No issues here, including 3G coverage, which has nothing to do with Apple. :)

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Scratches? Really? Seems more like usage/user problem than anything else. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a phone with scratching.

7. Moomba macrumors regular

I get decent 3g coverage, but it certainly is lower than my old Samsung Blackjack. I used to get full 5 bars at my house, and I get 1-2 on iPhone.

I have major issues connecting to WiFi at home even when 3ft from AP.

The volume is super low too. It is acceptable for a quiet room but in a car or even watching a movie at home I can't hear the ringer. The vibrate also isn't very noticeable either.

That said it is STILL the best phone I've ever had/used.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No issues whatsoever and I have two white phones. Both are perfect, both have good 3G reception and both work perfectly! Thanks Apple!