Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PandaRevolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Hey guys.. I just have two quick questions.... Has anyone noticed that when you have the phone set to ringer that sometimes you lose the incoming txt sound and all you get is a small vib?? Any clue if thats a software glitch? Also I am having some trouble with the Remote app. It can't find my itunes library... The phone and the mac pro are on the same network... I have my router set for MAC filtering and I added the phones mac and that all works... Do you guys think that might be the cause? Anyways any help you can shoot my way will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I think the phone only blips if you are already viewing the SMS conversation, but if you come out of SMS then it will produce your normal tone for when a message is received.

Can someone confirm this?

PandaRevolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Thanks for that thought, but it's happening when I am not in sms it usually happens when the phone is in stand by.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
Hey guys.. I just have two quick questions.... Has anyone noticed that when you have the phone set to ringer that sometimes you lose the incoming txt sound and all you get is a small vib?? Any clue if thats a software glitch? Also I am having some trouble with the Remote app. It can't find my itunes library... The phone and the mac pro are on the same network... I have my router set for MAC filtering and I added the phones mac and that all works... Do you guys think that might be the cause? Anyways any help you can shoot my way will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
same here. thought it was quite odd.
no reason that remote shouldnt work. try re installing it, or maybe check your firewall on your computer, i doubt it would be the problem though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.