iPhone 3G randomly restarting - please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phantomsword, Jun 22, 2011.

1. phantomsword macrumors newbie

Starting a few days ago, I've been having an issue with my iPhone 3G. As the title says, it restarts itself at seemingly random intervals. As far as I can tell, there is no specific action that triggers this. Plugging it into my computer and receiving incoming calls or texts seems to increase the likelihood, but it doesn't happen every time, and it will sometimes restart itself when it's just sitting on my desk. The issue has been getting worse. It restarts more frequently now, and it will often restart itself 3-5 times back to back before I regain control.

I ran the system restore through iTunes, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect. Looking back, I can't pinpoint an event that started this, like a software update or a drop. I'm out of ideas, hoping someone else has dealt with this before, as the warranty ran out a month ago. If there's nothing I can do, can anyone recommend which of the companies that service iPhones that are reputable and effective?

Some relevant information:
    Software version: 4.2.1 (8C148)
    Model: MB048LL

Let me know if any more information will help.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If it's not jailbroken it sounds like it's simply broken. As for service tips posting your location would be more helpful.