Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dekobokokisa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
I recently downgraded my iPhone from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 in order to unlock my phone for T-Mobile. During the unlocking process, my iPhone rebooted but is now stuck in a continuous reboot loop. No matter how many times I try to put it into DFU mode, it doesn't respond. I tried using iRecovery and rslite102 to kick it out of the loop using terminal, but that didn't work as well. I'm at my wits end, please help! Also, Last DFU 3g, TinyUmbrella, and RecBoot don't help either because all of the computers I try don't recognize my phone.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I recently downgraded my iPhone from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 in order to unlock my phone for T-Mobile. During the unlocking process, my iPhone rebooted but is now stuck in a continuous reboot loop. No matter how many times I try to put it into DFU mode, it doesn't respond. I tried using iRecovery and rslite102 to kick it out of the loop using terminal, but that didn't work as well. I'm at my wits end, please help! Also, Last DFU 3g, TinyUmbrella, and RecBoot don't help either because all of the computers I try don't recognize my phone.

Downgrading only the firmware won't even help you. Your baseband will still be the non-unlockable baseband that comes with 4.2.1.

dekobokokisa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Downgrading only the firmware won't even help you. Your baseband will still be the non-unlockable baseband that comes with 4.2.1.

Unfortunately, I couldn't unlock it because my power button was broken. Now that I've fixed it, it's of no use because no matter what I do, my iPhone will not stop rebooting and it won't go into DFU mode.

applemessiah

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2011
no offense or anthing but is there anyway the power button is not working...im having the same problem with a 3G i have.

Sterkur

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Same trouble, Factory unlocked phone

I have the same problem. My iPhone 3G is factory unlocked so I haven't used it with any other software than iTunes.
Is there a way to get the phone out of this loop without restoring the phone as I don't have a recent backup?

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
TinyUmbrella has an Exit Recovery function as well as a 'Fix', of which you could try either or both.

Redsn0w also has several features that could help you, such as 'Enter Pwned DFU'

Sterkur

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Thank you.
I was a bit reluctant to try these as they are Unix executable files and as I said, my phone is factory unlocked. I wasn't sure whether it might brick the phone or do harm to it in any other way as it has not been jailbroken.
Long story short, nothing works. TinyUmbrella only gives the option of Exit Recovery, not Fix Recovery. Exit Recovery just restarted the phone into the loop again.
Both of the Unix files entered a continuous loop in Terminal which I had to either escape out of or quit Terminal.
I didn't try Redsn0w as I read it would jailbreak the phone. As I said above, it is factory unlocked. Restore now seems the only option?
thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.