iPhone 3G recalibration?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shoot, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Shoot macrumors regular

My battery seems well and truely battered right now, can someone explain the proper recalibration technique?
    As I understand it, you let it run down till it shuts off then charge it up completely.
    I have done this, however my battery still seems abysmal at about 6 hours. no wifi, no bluetooth. general use.

it used to last about 24-35 hours. I did leave it in the sun for 10 mins recently which it came back quite hot but worked perfectly fine, i hear that can damage batteries. what can I do?
    i don't want to claim on my o2 insurance as a second claim is £50. would apple replace it for me? what implications would this have for o2?

:(

thanks,
    shoot.

2. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

apple seem pretty easy when it comes to replacements. only problem is proving it. if you fully charge it then use it loads over 3g or wifi with gps on and all that. battery may be on the red after like 2 or 3 hours? then take it the apple store and they will see its on 20% only a few hours after last full charge.

3. southfrisco macrumors member

Shoot, if you notice a big difference I would take it in to Apple if you are under warranty. This is the time to do it as Apple will be more willing to replace 3G phones with refurbished phones to remove stock on hand for the 3Gs. The most common replacement types are cracks and battery issues as I was in an Apple store yesterday and got my 3G replaced. I didn't even have to explain anything, I showed them the crack and the Genius tech noticed another small crack that I didn't even see. Replaced it on the spot, I just needed to sign a paper for the work order. Took all of about five minutes and they gave me a new USB connector along with it. :D

4. Shoot thread starter macrumors regular

wont this mess with my o2 insurance though? they have my serial number down :/

5. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Nope, just let them know your new serial number. I've had a couple of replacements and it's been fine.