iphone 3g recovery loop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by khne08794, Jun 28, 2011.

1. khne08794 macrumors newbie

i have a 16gb 3g iphone
    was jailbroken on 4.2.1 firmware and ipad baseband 16.15.00
    my gf did sum thing on it and ended up in recovery mode and i jsut carnt get it out ive tried , i recovery ,ireb. tiny umbrella , and red snow it wont go into dfu mode just stays on i tunes logo i carnt recover anything through itunes i get 1015 error on restore but when i try a custom one itunes just saying preparing iphone for recovery and phone does nothing help wud be apreciated

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Use redsn0w to get into "pwned dfu" then restore with the custom ipsw through iTunes.

3. canto01 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same situation...
    Would you mind be more specific on which custom ipsw? And how do you exactly do it?
    Thank you very much

4. KAKA2081 macrumors newbie

5. canto01 macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'm on a mac, so far the download is only for windows

6. canto01 macrumors newbie

Can you guys please be more specific on "restore with the custom ipsw through iTunes"?
    Thanks

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Use pwnagetool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (Win) to create a custom IPSW that doesn't touch the baseband (this is required for people on 6.15.00 baseband), use one of the two aforementioned programs, or Redsn0w, to put your phone in "pwned" DFU mode, and then click restore while holding the shift key (option on mac) and a window will pop up. Select your custom IPSW that you made and restore to it.

8. canto01 macrumors newbie

OMG!!! It worked!!!
    Many, many thanks!

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Sweet! Glad to hear it. :D