Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
General Info: Okay, it has been officially 2 days of non stop google searching lol. Okay, yesterday I was doing my normal Cydia browsing(WHICH I ALWAYS DO), when I found a few little apps that I liked, well b/c I do not have wifi and my speed is not that fast seeing as it is 2G T-Mobile so I used Cyder to download the apps and used iFunbox to upload them to Cydia. That did not go to well seeing as I rebooted my phone and the "CTI(connect to itunes)" screen of death showed up. I have tried almost everything, see I said almost, I do not know if their is anything I am missing. This is what I have done. I use windows btw.

Programs: Used iReb, Redsnow, sn0wbreeze, Recovery Fixers(TinyUmbrella,iRecovery,etc.), Custom Firmware(S) like 3 or 4, Downgrading. I have searched all kinds of forums for the answer, and tried everything from the ones I have looked at, nothing works.

Error: These are the errors I get, 1600-1604 nothing but those and between those, no 1015, 39..etc just the 1600-1604.

System Info: iPhone 3G, Baseband 06.15.00, Jailbroken 4.2.1.

Final: I would really appreciate if someone could help me out, if not I will just lay and cry lol, cause I ish not rich lol.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Have you tried putting it into DFU mode, then restore it to 3.1.3.. Go ahead and do that if you have done so. At the end you should get a 1015 error, use TU to exit recovery and it will boot up to activation screen.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
I have tried that with all iReb, Redsnow, and Normally, but I only get the 1600-1604 errors. It normally goes to "Preparing To Restore" and gets stuck there, then I get the 1600-1604 errors.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Go back to 4.1 and it will work fine. I too have been unable to go back to 4.2.1 with my 3G. Something similar happened and that was that. 4.1 is actually more responsive as well.

Let me know if that helps.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Trying that now, will edit with update :D.

Edit: Seems that did not work either, I put it in DFU, I am going to try just regular restoring now. Lets see! Did not work lol. All I ever get is the White Screen-DFU Black Screen-Non DFU right when it gets to "Preparing For Restore"

Edit 2: Do I need a custom 4.1?

Last edited:

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Ah. Sorry, I forgot. You need something to kick it out of recovery. iReb should do this. Just saw the post. Ug.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Okay I will try this.

Edit: Did not work. I will have to try taking the logic board out. I just need that darn screw driver.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.