iPhone 3G Refund?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleGeek, Apr 28, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

This weekend, I am going to return my current iPhone 3G, due to the high upgrade pricing when the iPhone 4 releases this summer. I found a 3GS iPhone for $100 (that I won, actually) and planned on activating it through AT&T soon after.

But, since I purchased the 3G this past Friday, will I be able to get a full refund? Surely, since it's less than 30 days, they would, right?

2. nitromaxx macrumors member

AT&T does have a 30 day buyer's remorse policy. However, you may have to pay a restocking fee which I think is 10%.

3. nitromaxx macrumors member

Here it is straight from the AT&T website.

Refunds for like-new equipment returned within 30 days will be through the original payment method and may take up to two months.

A $35 restocking fee applies to all devices purchased at an AT&T-owned retail store, except where prohibited.
    A $35 restocking fee applies to all netbook purchases, except where prohibited.
    A 10% restocking fee applies to all iPhone purchases, except where prohibited. The 10% restocking fee does not apply if the device was purchased without AT&T service (device only sale) and returned unopened.