iPhone 3G Refurb Pricing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ucbearcats, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ucbearcats macrumors member

Anyone know what it might be? Will it be discounted off the subsidized price or off the unlocked price that ATT will offer in the future? Thanks

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

The old iPhones were $50 cheaper.

I would imagine the same, but you will still require a contract and be eligible for a subsidy...

3. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

A bit ahead of the curve but a good question.
    We know there are bad phones out there so they'll be back in circulation soon.
    Apple and AT&T offered the refurbs about 3 months (memory?) after the phone's release.
    If they do this again, which they should, then you'll likely see a street price reduced by $50 as gkarris said.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ I think was more like 6-8 months after release.

They will wait until after they get a good stock of warranty replacements.

5. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

The refurbs were first offered in March of this year. AT&T sold them at $200 for the 4GB and $250 for the 8GB. This was less than what Apple was selling them for.

6. ucbearcats thread starter macrumors member

Just thinking it might be a hard sell if they are selling them without contract for more than the subsidized price ATT is selling them for.

Also currently iPod Touch 8 GB is going for $199 while 16 GB is going for $299. Same as subsidized ATT iPhone prices. Meaning you would think a refurb iPhone would be going for $299/$399 without contract? I don't know would be interesting to see how it goes down. Feel free to give some more predictions...

7. ucbearcats thread starter macrumors member

Were you required to sign a contract or not?

8. yode macrumors 6502

nope, they were unsubsidized, retail prices. i wasnt even ON at&t (on verizon) and was able to pick up a few refurbed iphones from at&t directly

9. ucbearcats thread starter macrumors member

Will they allow them out of the store this go around without signing a contract?

10. Surely Guest

Surely

This is new territory. No one knows. It's hard to say which way Apple and AT&T will go with refurb pricing of the 3G. My guess is that it won't be the same as it is/was with the 1st gen iPhone.