Iphone 3G restore question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Infinitygraphix, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Infinitygraphix macrumors member

Apr 14, 2008

I have a iPhone 3G since 1 year. Recently, I began to have some problem, apps crash often, iPhone was slow, and even my internet acces was acting weird.

Si I restore everyting and set up my iPhone a a new one.

I'm on 3.01.

Now everytihing seems to works fine. Speed is way better than before for launching apps.

My question is, is there a way I can get back what was on the iPhone calendar ? I do not have mobile me, but I do have a back-up on my computer that I just did before restoring as a new phone.

Is there a way to just get the calendar info back ?

And the back-up is on a Mac too. Latest iTune and up to date OS.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Yes, if you synced with iCal before you did the restore.
  3. Infinitygraphix thread starter macrumors member

Apr 14, 2008
    Oh, I just check my setting...

I did a complet back-up before doing the restore. the phone was sync before the backup.

Now, the iCal sync is checked in iTune. However, iCal on the Mac have NOTHING in it (???) so when I sync, I get nothing on the calendar app of the iPhone. (i was only using the calendar app from th iPhone)

It bugs me since ll my notes that was on the iPhone are there after the restore, but nothing in the calendar. Are they in the back-up ? Is there a way to get them back from the back-up without bringning back the problem I had before the complete restore ?

4. Infinitygraphix thread starter macrumors member

Apr 14, 2008
  5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Feb 6, 2008
    Why don't you restore from the backup you did before the restore? That will bring back your calendar info. When you sync again, the calendar info will go from your phone back to ical on your computer. Then, back up your ical info on your computer (File/Export). Restore your phone as new again, import the info back into ical (File/Import), then sync again.
  6. Infinitygraphix thread starter macrumors member

Apr 14, 2008
    I will have to try that !