iPhone 3G restored to 3.1.3 - then jailbroken, unlocked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by profets, Apr 9, 2010.

1. profets macrumors 68040

hi all,

I read from this thread about iPhones upgraded to 3.1.3.

I have an iPhone 3G that is restored to 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01. I was able to use redsnow to jailbreak. I read about fuzzyband, installed it, and it was able to downgrade the baseband to 04.26.08.

It seems like its working, but in the status bar i have just the signal strength and 3G symbol, no carrier name at all. Curious if anyone has experienced this or know if downgrading the baseband affects functionality at all?

Thanks

2. luvu01 macrumors regular

it suppose to be like that. after you update to 3.1.3 then jailbreak and using fuzzyband to downgrade to 04.26.08 you can use ulstrasnow to unlock. however, everything works fine except you CANNOT see the carrier name. that's not really a big of a deal for me. just use MakeItMine in cydia and put up your carrier. in my personal iphone, i dont really use a carrier name. i change it like every time i feel bored.

3. profets thread starter macrumors 68040

thats for the reply. after seeing it for a bit it was nice to just have a signal meter and 3G/wifi icon with no carrier name. i knew there was a way to do a custom name too (makeitmine) just couldnt remember.

weird, just recently i was switching different carrier sim cards, and the name started showing up. all good anyway.

thanks

4. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

it shows up for me, for both AT&T and T-mobile :D congrats on your UNLOCKED 3.1.3, you are one of the few like me lucky enough to have a downgradable bootloader

5. profets thread starter macrumors 68040

yup :)

i didnt really need the unlock, but it'll help for resale value, and was interesting when i read about the downgrade possibility and i have a 3G from launch day